The value of oil seals cannot be explained in simple words. It doesn’t look like much, but it does not cost much too. Their significance is undeniable for its protection from foreign particles such as dirt and pollution from entering machinery and preventing leaking of liquids and lubricants.
The first thing you should be sure of is selecting the right fitting oil seals from the right Oil Seal Manufacturers when choosing to replace used seals, but there are other aspects as well.
Faulty selection, improper implementation, poor installation and inappropriate maintenance practices applied to seal systems are the main causes of outside lubricant leakage from pumping systems, hydraulic machines, gearcases or swamps. These issues can be overcome through an improved understanding of the types of available screening materials, redefined selections and consistent implementation of maintenance practices.
When selecting Oil Seal Suppliers in Dubai, a number of variables must be taken into account. There are some factors to be evaluated by designers and engineers when specifying oil seals:
- How much the oil seal take a great deal of pressure? The standard oil seals do not stand up to a lot of pressure. If a stronger Oil Seal is required to resist more pressure, a high-pressure, pressurized and pressurized design is advisable.
- The size is important for oil seals. If the size of the oil seal is wrong, you may have a leak and wear in the malaligned areas, so that your oil seal will only last for a short time.
- Maximum admissible shaft speed depends on the shaft finish, runoff, container bore and shaft concentration, fluid type and Oil Seal type.
- The temperature range of the oil seal installation mechanism of the oil seals from the chosen Oil Seal Suppliers must not exceed the seal elastomer’s temperature range.
- The majority of conventional oil seals are intended for very low-pressure applications only (approximately 8 psi or less). Pressure relief is required if the additional internal pressure is present or anticipated.
- For shafts hardness of 30 or more, the longer seal lifespan can be expected. The hardness should be increased to RC 60 if exposed to abrasive contamination.
- Optimal shaft-surface finishes are obtained for the most effective sealing. The sealing performance of the finishing tool markers and spiral conductor are affected. The best results for Oil Seals are achieved with concentrated (no spiral plumage) polished or ground shafts. If you have to use spiral-finished shafts, they should lead to the fluid when the shaft rotates.
- When the centres of the bore and shaft are misaligned, Oil Seal’s life is shortened since the wear is focused on one side of the sealing lip.
- When close shaft and bore tolerances are present, the best sealing performance is achieved. Ship eccentricity, end-play and vibration are other factors.
- Runout must be maintained as low as possible. The rotation centre movement is normally due to wobble or shaft whip-bearing. This problem is compounded if combined with misalignment of the Oil Seals. The installation of flexible joints cannot correct or compensate for misalignment, contrary to popular belief and common practice.
- Screens perform much better and longer if continuously lubricated with an oil that is compatible with the material with a lip elastomer and has the right viscosity to be applied.